2009 Horror Rated R 97 Minutes
|In Theaters||February 13, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||June 16, 2009|
|On DVD||June 16, 2009|
Searching for his missing sister, Clay Miller (Jared Padalecki) heads up to the eerie woods of legendary Crystal Lake, where he stumbles on the creaky remains of rotting old cabins behind moss-covered trees.
And that's not the only thing lying in wait under the brush.
Against the advice of police and cautions from the locals, Clay pursues what few leads he has in the search for his missing sister, Whitney (Amanda Righetti), with the help of Jenna (Danielle Panabaker), a young woman he meets among a group of college kids up for an all-thrills weekend. But they are all about to find much more than they bargained for.
Little do they know, they've entered the domain of one of the most terrifying specters in American film history--the infamous killer who haunts Crystal Lake, armed with a razor-sharp machete... Jason Voorhees.
Rated R for strong bloody violence, some graphic sexual content, nudity, language and drug material.
Box office gross: $65.0 million. View box office history.
Released by New Line. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Pain'ful to say: The trailer for Michael Bay's next movie looks really good
- Teaser trailer from 'Nightmare on Elm Street' delivers the goods
- MTV Movie Awards markets movies (and gives out a few awards) (Updated)
- 'Twilight' leads nominees at 2009 MTV Movie Awards
- Nothing says 'Season Greetings' like Santa wielding an axe
- Horror Bid offers a peek behind Jason's hockey mask