2011 Drama/Comedy Rated PG-13 137 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 10, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 6, 2011|
|On DVD||December 6, 2011|
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, “The Help” stars Emma Stone (“Easy A”) as Skeeter, Academy Award®—nominated Viola Davis (“Doubt”) as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny–three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s, who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed–even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times. Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, “The Help” is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change.
Rated PG-13 for thematic material.
Box office gross: $169.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Buena Vista. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Jessica Chastain earns Oscar cred with 'Zookeeper's Wife'
- '42' Star Chadwick Boseman to star in film about James Brown (Updated!)
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'The Butler' did indeed do it
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- 'The Artist' is top dog at the Golden Globes