|In Theaters||July 25, 2008|
|On 4K UHD||October 2, 2018|
|On Blu-ray||December 2, 2008|
|On DVD||December 2, 2008|
In Step Brothers, Ferrell plays Brennan Huff, a sporadically employed thirty-nine-year-old who lives with his mother, Nancy (Mary Steenburgen). Reilly plays Dale Doback, a terminally unemployed forty-year-old who lives with his father, Robert (Richard Jenkins). When Robert and Nancy marry and move in together, Brennan and Dale are forced to live with each other as step brothers. As their narcissism and downright aggressive laziness threaten to tear the family apart, these two middle-aged, immature, overgrown boys will orchestrate an insane, elaborate plan to bring their parents back together. To pull it off, they must form an unlikely bond that maybe, just maybe, will finally get them out of the house.
Rated R for crude and sexual content, and pervasive language.
Box office gross: $100.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Best movies of 2014 that you don't know about yet: Dannette's list
- Best movies of 2010 that you don't know about yet: Tim's list
- Review: Jeremy Piven revs his comedy engine in 'The Goods'
- PG-13 is now 25 years old: A look back
- Review: 'Step Brothers' isn't infantile or brilliant, it's both!
- Ten actors that we want to save from the dreaded 'type cast'