2014 Action/Adventure/Science Fiction Rated PG-13 121 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 1, 2014|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 9, 2014|
|On DVD||December 9, 2014|
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits—Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand—with the galaxy's fate in the balance.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language.
Box office gross: $333.1 million. View box office history.
Released by Disney and Marvel Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Ten years of Marvel films pays off nicely with 'Infinity War'
- Review: Marvel shatters expectations with 'Black Panther'
- Review: 'Thor: Ragnarok' is pure joy on 4K UHD
- Review: 'The Mummy' fumbles Universal's expanded universe
- Review: 'Warriors Gate' misses its mark
- Monday Mixer: 'Beauty and the Beast' sets a new box office record