2013 Action/Fantasy Rated PG-13
|In Theaters||November 8, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||February 25, 2014|
|On DVD||February 25, 2014|
Marvel’s "Thor: The Dark World" continues the adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s "Thor" and "Marvel’s The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some suggestive content.
Box office gross: $206.2 million. View box office history.
Released by Disney and Marvel Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Thor: Ragnarok' is pure joy on 4K UHD
- Review: 'Broken Vows' is a stalker's dream come true
- Monday Mixer: Are theatrical versions of first 'Star Wars' films coming to Blu-ray?
- Marvel preps the 'Ultimate Marathon'
- Monday Mixer: 'Turtles' come back for seconds
- New trailer for 'Guardians' - Is this Marvel's biggest risk to date?