2011 Drama Rated PG-13 129 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 25, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||March 27, 2012|
|On DVD||March 27, 2012|
Oskar (Thomas Horn) is convinced that his father (Tom Hanks), who died in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, has left a final message for him hidden somewhere in the city. Feeling disconnected from his grieving mother (Sandra Bullock) and driven by a relentlessly active mind that refuses to believe in things that can't be observed, Oskar begins searching New York City for the lock that fits a mysterious key he found in his father's closet. His journey through the five boroughs takes him beyond his own loss to a greater understanding of the observable world around him.
Rated PG-13 for emotional thematic material, some disturbing images, and language.
Box office gross: $31.7 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- Five Bad Films: Living Screen Icons
- We grill the experts at AwardsCircuit.com for Oscar answers
- New Tom Hanks trailer gets 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close'
- Warner Bros. releases images from Winter slate of films